How to install and configure your SSL Certificate on Windows Server 2012 - IIS 8 and Windows Server 2012 R2 – IIS 8.5 (Single Certificate)
- Open the ZIP file containing your certificate. Save the file named your_domain_name.cer to the desktop of the web server you are securing.
- From the Start screen, click or search for Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager and open it.
- Click on the server name.
- From the center menu, double-click the "Server Certificates" button in the "IIS" section (it is in the middle of the menu).
5. From the "Actions" menu (on the right), click on "Complete Certificate Request..." This will open the Complete Certificate Request wizard.
6. Browse to your_domain_name.cer file that was provided to you by DigiCert. You will then be required to enter a friendly name. The friendly name is not part of the certificate itself, but is used by the server administrator to easily distinguish the certificate. Choose to place the new certificate in the Personal certificate store.
7. Clicking "OK" will install the certificate to the server.
8. Once the SSL Certificate has been successfully installed to the server, you will need to assign that certificate to the appropriate website using IIS.
9. From the "Connections" menu in the main Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager window, select the name of the server to which the certificate was installed.
10. Under "Sites," select the site to be secured with SSL.
11. From the "Actions" menu (on the right), click on "Bindings..." This will open the "Site Bindings" window
12. In the "Site Bindings" window, click "Add..." This will open the "Add Site Binding" window.
14 .Under "Type" choose https. The IP address should be the IP address of the site or All Unassigned, and the port over which traffic will be secured by SSL is usually 443. The "SSL Certificate" field should specify the certificate that was installed in step 7.
15. Your first SSL certificate is now installed, and the website configured to accept secure connections.
16. Repeat the steps for creating a CSR for your 2nd+ site.
17. Install the certificate file as mentioned above, up through step 12.
18. Under "Type" choose https. The IP address should be the IP address of the site or All Unassigned, and the port over which traffic will be secured by SSL is usually 443. Enter the host name you will be securing and check the box that says Require Server Name Indication. This is required for all additional sites (not required on the primary site as shown in step 13) The "SSL Certificate" field should specify the certificate that was installed in step 7 for your additional certificate.
19. Click "OK."
20. Your second SSL certificate is now installed, and the website configured to accept secure connections.
21. Repeat steps sixteen through nineteen to set up any other additional sites.
Term of Service – We do not own copyright of this Content on this website. The copyright belongs to the respective owners of the videos uploaded to Youtube . If you find any Content infringe your copyright or trademark, and want it to be removed from this website, or replaced by your original content, please contact us.https://www.digicert.com/ssl-certificate-installation-microsoft-iis-8.htm