Forward Specific Emails Only Using a Filter in Outlook Mail on the Web
To set up a rule in Outlook Mail on the web that forwards certain messages (based on multiple criteria) to an email address:
- Click the settings gear (⚙) in Outlook Mail on the web.
- Choose Options from the menu that has shown.
- Go to the Mail | Automatic processing | Inbox and sweep rules category.
- Click + (Add) under Inbox rules.
- Enter a descriptive name for the new filter under Name.
Choose something like "Forward attachments to Evernote", for example, or "Forward mail from boss to email@example.com".
Specify the criterion or criteria for selecting emails to forward under When the message arrives, and it matches all of these conditions; for each criterion:
- Click Select one….
- Choose the condition from the list.
- When needed, specify words or phrases to look for.
- To forward all emails with attachments, for instance, make a criterion read It's | accompanied by an attachment.
- To forward all emails from a specific sender, make a criterion read It was received from… firstname.lastname@example.org or It includes these words | in the sender's address… email@example.com.
- To forward only emails marked with high importance, make a criterion read It's marked with | an importance… High.
- Note that all conditions must be met for a message to be forwarded.
Click Select one… under Do all of the following.
Select Forward, redirect or send | Redirect the message to… from the menu that has appeared.
- You can also have Outlook Mail on the web forward complete emails as unmodified attachments; select Forward, redirect or send | Forward the message as an attachment to… instead.
- You can also select Forward, redirect or send | Forward the message to… instead, of course; this will forward the email inline in a new message, as if you had clicked Forward in Outlook Mail on the web.
Enter the address to which new messages matching the rule should be sent automatically.
- You can specify more than one address to which to forward.
Optionally, to exclude certain emails that otherwise match the criteria from being forwarded, for each exclusion criterion:
- Click Add exception.
- Click Select one….
- Choose the desired condition.
Select It's marked with | a sensitivity, for example, and select Private under Select sensitivity to exclude messages marked as private.
Outlook.com will keep a copy of emails forwarded by a rule in the Outlook.com inbox.
Term of Service – We do not own copyright of this Content on this website. The copyright belongs to the respective owners of the videos uploaded to Youtube . If you find any Content infringe your copyright or trademark, and want it to be removed from this website, or replaced by your original content, please contact us.