RECIPE OF MOONG DAL HALWA
• Moong dal : 2 cup
• Milk: 2 cup
• Water 2 cup
• Ghee 1 cup
• Sugar 1 cup or as per your taste
• Raisins 2 tsp
• Soaked almonds 2 tsp
• Half tsp elachi powder
• 3/4 cup Mawa/khoya
• 1 tbsp Pistachio flakes
Preparation of Halwa:-
1.) Grind dry moong dal in coarse powder.
2.) Heat ghee in heavy bottom vessel and roast moong dal powder in it till it turns slight golden and leaves a roasted dal fragrance. It will take roughly 15 minutes on medium heat to achieve this.
3.) Add mawa and mix it properly to break lumps, if any. Add sugar, milk, cardamom powder and stir continuously. Mix for another 2-3 minutes and tasty moong daal halwa is ready.
4.) Replace mawa with 2 1/2 cups of milk to make it without mawa.
5.) Garnish with almond and pistachio flakes before serving.
ALSI KE PINNI
1/2 Cup Flax-seed Meal/Flax-meal
1/2 Cup Whole Wheat flour
1/2 Cup Powdered Jaggery
1/2 Cup Ghee
3 tbsp gond/edible gum
1/2 tbsp cardamom powder
1/4 cup chopped almonds (mixed nuts can be used)
How to prepare it
• Heat 3 tbsp of ghee in a kadai. Add Whole Wheat flour to this and roast in a medium flame, until it gives out a nice aroma. Take care not to burn the flour. Transfer to a flat plate.
• Next add another 2 tbsp of ghee, add the edible gum/gond and fry it in a medium flame, until it flowers up nicely. Take care while roasting, the flame must be medium to ensure proper frying or else you will end up with gum that is still raw in the center. Transfer to a flat plate. Crush it well using a roller-pin to powder. Set aside until use.
• Nest add 2 tbsp of ghee, add flaxmeal to this and saute for a minute. remove on a flat plate and set aside until use. In the same add the nuts and roast them with a tsp of ghee.
• After roasting all the ingredients, add powdered jaggery to the pan, add 1/4 cup of water, let it dissolve, boil until it reaches 1-string consistency.
How to check this: When the jaggery syrup bubbles up and froths nicely, check a drop of syrup with a laddle, stretch it between your thumb and index finger, it should easily form a single-string.
• Once this stages reaches, act fast, Remove the pan from fire, add all the roasted ingredients to this and mix well.
• Let it cool a little, Start making golf-sized balls out of the mixture, by pressing it tightly in your palms. If needed, decorate each ball with a roasted cashew on top.
• Remember to switch off the flame, once the jaggery syrup reaches single-string consistency or else the syrup will reach hardball consistency fast and the mixture will turn hard.
• In case the mixture turns hard, do not worry, run it in the mixer once, it will return to powder form. Add litte ghee and make the pinni/balls.
• You can even make squares out of the mixture, just keep it on the stove for 2 more minutes, the mixture will start coming together, immediately pour it on to a greased flat-plate and smooth-en the top and make markings for squares using a serrated knife, once it cools, cut into squares.
BESAN KI BURFI RECIPE
• Gram flour (besan) 2 cups
• Green cardamom powder 1/2 teaspoon
• Pistachios slivered 10-12
• Almonds slivered 10-12
• Powdered sugar 1 cup
• Pure ghee 1 cup + for greasing
How To Prepare Besan ki Burfi
Heat the ghee in a non-stick kadai; add the gram flour and sauté on low heat, stirring continuously, for ten to fifteen minutes, or till it starts changing colour and is fragrant.
Add the cardamom powder and pistachio and almond slivers, and mix. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
Add the powdered sugar and mix well.
Grease a six-by-eight-inch aluminum straight-sided shallow tray with the ghee. Pour the gram flour mixture into the tray and spread it evenly with a greased spatula.
Cool and cut into squares or diamonds and serve. Store the burfi in an airtight container.
Term of Service – We do not own copyright of this Content on this website. The copyright belongs to the respective owners of the videos uploaded to Youtube . If you find any Content infringe your copyright or trademark, and want it to be removed from this website, or replaced by your original content, please contact us.http://www.betterbutter.in http://www.icampinmykitchen.com http://www.sanjeevkapoor.com